Projects for Teachers
On July 27, another webinar of “Tkuma” Institute and “Orion” Publishing House for educators was held on the topic “Is it necessary to hold a creative works contest during the war?”.
Among the issues discussed during the online event:
• We are doing creative work: what inspires, what questions arise?
• Why are family histories important in the history studies?
• How to prepare a competitive work using multimedia technologies?
• Online work protection: how to prepare and not be afraid?
• Which international seminars will be the next stage of the development of the projects of the winners of the competition?
On July 13, the next historical webinar of “Tkuma” Institute and “Orion” Publishing House was held. The topic of the online event was chosen to be extremely relevant – “Was the USSR an empire?? And what then is modern russia?..”.
On May 18, historical webinar of “Tkuma” Institute and “Orion” Publishing house on “Military history in the school history course” was held.
In particular, the following issues were considered:
- what students need to know about the history of wars?
- how to tell students and their parents about the modern Russian-Ukrainian war?
- what is said in the new book “Military-historical description of the Russian-Ukrainian war (February March 2022)”, etc.
On May 10, online seminar of “Tkuma” Institute for history teachers of Sumy region was held. More than 40 educators took part in it. Among the main issues discussed were: how to teach the history of World War II in the context of the current Russian-Ukrainian war; what changes should update the current state program on the history of Ukraine and world history for senior classes; how to clearly articulate terms and concepts, including “genocide”, a terrible “classic” example of which was the Holocaust.
On February 16, new webinar of “Tkuma” Institute and the “Orion” Regional Center took place. The topic of the event is “Fifth grade and “New Ukrainian School” for you: history and civic education - a harmony of classics and innovation”
The speakers of the educational event were: