Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, «Tkuma» Ukrainian Institute for Holocaust Studies announces:
XVI International Contest of creative works for school and university students, teachers, postgraduate «Lessons of the War and the Holocaust – Lessons of Tolerance»
Representatives of Ukraine and other countries can be the contestants:
- school, gymnasiums, lyceums students of 8−11 forms;
- teachers of general educational institutions;
- class teachers and organizers of educational work at general educational institutions;
- university students and postgraduate.
Period: March – September 2019.
Application and work deadline– until July 15, 2019.
Summing up, contest winners and laureate rewarding– September 27−29, 2019.
The following is accepted for the competition:
1. research works on history, literature, philosophy, sociology, political science and other humanitarian and social disciplines;
2. search work (interviews, researches on local or family materials, etc.);
3. creative work (essay, stories, poems, drawings, documentary films, animated films, multimedia works and other works);
4. teachers’ methodological developments.
THE ORIENTAL TOPICS OF CONTEST WORKS.
1. Armenian Genocide in 1915 and his historical lessons.
2. The end of the First World War: commemoration events.
3. Interethnic policy of the UPR and ethnic group’s reaction on it.
4. Advantages and disadvantages of Hetman P. Skoropadsky's national policy.
5. The historical component of the Act Zluky between UPR and West Ukrainian People's Republic signing.
6. Babyn Yar – history and historical lessons.
7. «Babyn Yar’s» of Ukraine – places of mass destruction of Jews.
8. Lessons of World War II – warning to humanity.
9. The historical significance of the Victory over Nazism.
10. «There can’t be poetry after Auschwitz » (Т. Adorno).
11. Stockholm Forum 2000 on the Holocaust tragedy commemoration.
12. Stockholm Declaration and the international relations practice.
13. Ukrainian people during World War II: Nazi genocide and resistance movement.
14. Belarusian people during World War II: Nazi genocide and resistance movement.
15. Russian people during World War II: Nazi genocide and resistance movement.
16. Moldova during World War II: Nazi genocide and resistance movement.
17. Baltic countries during World War II: Hitler’s genocide and Nazi «new order» resistance.
18. Children and the War: comprehension of history lessons (philosophical, ethical, moral, theological approaches).
19. Genocides of ХХ century and it’s devastating impact on the mankind development.
20. The nature of genocides against peoples: lessons of ХХ century and it’s implications in ХХІ century.
21. «Jewish question» in the national policy of the Bolsheviks/ Ukrainian governments/White Guards during the Ukrainian Revolution.
22. Operation Vistula and its influence on the formation of the Ukrainian community of Poland in the second half of ХХ century.
23. The Holodomor – tragedy of Ukraine and humanity.
24. «Little-known» famine during 1920/1946-47.
25. Destruction of peoples by ethnicity: philosophical, psychological and historical aspects.
26. The Holocaust on the territory of Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Russia.
27. Nazi policy of the Roma destruction (Gypsy) during World War II.
28. Ukrainian nationalism and «Jewish question» during the Holocaust.
29. Genocide towards the Slavic population of Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia.
30. The Soviet policy of silencing the Holocaust.
31. «Nazi destruction machine»: action and counteraction to genocide mechanisms.
32. Ukraine under the influence of the double terror of Nazi Germany and the Stalinist regime.
33. Ukrainians – Righteous Among the Nations.
34. The role of Ukrainians spiritual and other people’s leaders during the critical periods.
35. International assistance during the tragic events of World War II.
36. Contemporary Ukrainian society and Holocaust lessons (psychological, social aspects).
37. Interreligious tolerance as a manifestation of moral and spiritual choices.
38. International experience of responsibility for denying the facts of genocide in history.
39. Activities of modern international organizations, state institutions and public organizations of Ukraine on preserving the memory of the Holocaust and the prevention of genocides in the future.
40. Holocaust historical lessons and modern problems of tolerance.
41. Propaganda as a weapon of totalitarian, authoritarian regimes to justify genocide and military aggression: from the Gobbels to modern examples.
42. Problems of World War II and the Holocaust history studying under the conditions of the modern war against Ukraine.
The works, which did not take earlier participation in other contests, exhibitions, and are exclusive, can be submitted for the contest «LESSONS OF THE WAR AND THE HOLOCAUST – LESSONS OF TOLERANCE».
In the cases of violation of filing terms, lack of necessary documents or lack of information in the application (e-mail, phone, false data, etc.) the works won’t be allowed to the Contest.
Contest Regulation- by link: "Конкурс-2019"
DEAR COLLEAGUES! «Tkuma» Ukrainian Institute for Holocaust Studies and Museum «Jewish Memory and Holocaust in Ukraine» call on academic and educational partners, museum and research institutions, everyone who interested in history.
Please find hereby the plan of "Tkuma" Ukrainian Institute for Holocaust Studies activities for 2019. The program of events can be changed. For more information, follow our announcements and news.