The Editorial Board of "The Holocaust History Problems: Ukrainian Dimension" journal accepts for publication articles, source texts with narration, reviews of the latest publications related to the journal's thematic scope.
The materials are accepted in Ukrainian, English, Russian, Polish, French and German.
The materials in Ukrainian shall be authentic to be accepted for publishing. The studies published earlier can be placed in the "Translations" section in case they are of a particular interest for Ukrainian academic readership.
Selection and Reviewing Process
Typescripts received by the journal staff are considered by editors who send them to two independent subject matter experts without specifying the author's name and place of work/study. The experts remain unknown to each other and the authors.
We ask our experts to answer the following questions while evaluating the submitted texts:
- Is the problem defined clearly in the article, and how innovative is the author's approach to resolve the issue?
- Are the statements defined by the author connected to available historiography of the problem?
- Is there any dubious statements or doubtful facts in the article that are not correspondent to reality?
- Does the author express intolerant or ideologically preconceived conclusions?
- Is there any evidence of possible plagiarism in the article?
- Is the author's contribution into the analyzed problem solution precise and clear?
- Can we state that the language and style of the text corresponds to the requirements for academic papers?
- Do author's annotations adequately represent the article content?
Based on the opinion of Editorial Board members and experts the final decision whether the article is accepted for publication or not is made by the Chairman of the Editorial Board and the author is informed about the decision within 4–6 weeks from the moment of typescript submission. Based on the remarks of the reviewers the text may be sent back to the author for updates. Following the updates the accepted for publication material undergoes sci-tech and literary editing. The Editorial Board retains the right to cut or edit the text without changing the meaning of the release based on the author's prior agreement.
Editor-in-chief is responsible for the scholarly status and selection character of the typescripts intended for publication. The author (a team of authors) is completely responsible for novelty and results trustworthiness of the research, hence the following requirements are to be met:
- The authors shall present the results of their research in clear, understandable manner without distorting the real data.
- The authors shall clearly specify the research methods avoiding ambiguity to verify and confirm the results.
- The authors shall comply with requirements for releases: the research shall be authentic, shall not be published in another academic periodicals or publications, shall not include plagiarism in any form.
- The authors bear shared responsibility for the submitted and published materials.
- It is not allowed and considered to be unethical to specify people that did not take part in the research.
- The author shall notify the publisher in case he/she finds major mistakes or inaccuracies in his/her work.
- Materials aimed at incitement of ethnic hatred, religious strife and racial tension are inadmissible.
- Intolerance in any form is inadmissible.
- The author's standpoint might not agree with that of the Editorial Board and the International Editorial Review Board
The journal supports free access policy. All articles are published for free and for unlimited period of time and after the print journal release the articles are available in "Latest Issue" and "Issue Archive" sections.