On December 15-16, All-Ukrainian Scientific and Pedagogical Seminar "Multicultural dialogue in the modern Ukrainian city" was held in Dnipro as part of the Kulturna Stolytsia Department of Humanitarian Policy of Dnipro City Council.
Talented creative educators from all parts of Ukraine had a rich curriculum:
- Excursion to Museum “Jewish Memory and Holocaust in Ukraine”, conducted by researcher Dr. Olena Ishchenko;
- Lecture-presentation by Dr. Igor Shchupak "Multicultural dialogue in history: problems of study and teaching";
- Workshop "How to organize the teaching of history students in a multicultural classroom" from the head of the Department of Social Education of the Institute of Pedagogy of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine Tetiana Remekh (Kyiv);
- Practical lesson "Possibilities of debate technologies in museums of Ukraine", moderated by the executive director of the public organization "New Vision" Olena Zyma and project manager of "New Vision" Valeria Malashenko (Dnipro);
- Online lecture-conversation "Formation of multicultural competence of students in history lessons", conducted by the director, history teacher of Blagoveshchensk educational complex №2 finalist of the Global Teacher Prize 2020 Oleksandr Chuchaev (Kirovohrad region);
- Round table "Multicultural dialogue in the educational space", moderated by a junior researcher at the Memorial Museum of Totalitarian Regimes "Territory of Terror" Liana-Maria Blikharska (Lviv region) and director of the Institute of Urban Development Poltava City Council Tetiana Tatarina.
During the educational classes participants talked about tolerance and multiculturalism in history and present, the importance of dialogue in a multinational and multicultural environment, the formation of multicultural competencies of students in history and civic education.
And most importantly - live communication between colleagues and friends.