On January 12, regular historical webinar of “Tkuma” Institute and “Orion” Ukrainian Educational Publishing Center on “Meeting with a historian: Ihor Hyrych – scientist and author of history textbooks” was held.
Ihor Hyrych – Doctor of Historical Sciences, Corresponding Member of the Ukrainian Free Academy of Sciences (USA), full member of the Shevchenko Scientific Society, Laureate of the Mykhailo Hrushevsky Prize of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Head of the Department of Sources on Modern History of Ukraine of Hrushevsky Institute of Ukrainian Archaeography and Source Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Dr. Igor Shchupak was the moderator of event. Among the issues discussed during the webinar, in particular:
- what was the path of the historian – from a researcher of archival documents to the author of dozens of articles and monographs?
- biography of the historian – and a biography of the country: what were the points of intersection?
- why the former editor of historical literature became the author of school history textbooks?
- what conceptual problems of Ukrainian history influence school history textbooks?
- what history teachers are offered and what they can actually choose.
You can watch the recording of the broadcast on the YouTube channel of “Tkuma” Institute.